CATARACTS GONE
Had the 2nd surgery Apr 26. Kim stayed the weekend. I'm going back for a checkup tomorrow. A week ago at the Dr office, while I was awaiting my final checkup prior to the surgery, the waiting room was rather crowded when I arrived, and I started to speak to a woman who said that she had had both eyes done 12 years ago. I was devastated! I said "12 YEARS ago? Why are you still coming here?" (I had thought that after I had the 2nd eye done and a few checkups to make sure everything was OK, that I wouldn't have to come back.) "Why are you still coming here after 12 years?" Then with great relief I heard her say, pointing to an old man in a wheelchair, "I come to bring my husband who has glacoma (sp?). With that, I was greatly relieved, but I didn't tell her that.

3 Comments:
We hope your 2nd surgery works out as well as your first.
That is a good story about your doctor visit. It reminds me of the stories they used to publish in the Readers Digest humor page.
The only good thing about sitting in a doctor's office is watching the people in there. Some are really pathetic, barely making it in there and some are heros bringing in the others. It is the legs that amaze me, purple, large veins, knobs, feet that look as if they have not had shoes on for years. The pain can be read on their faces or in the manner of movement.
One experience I had in a doctor's office was a little boy, who had barely learned how to walk, was backing away from his Mother and he bumped into my legs. He did not look at me but merely lifted his arms for me to pick him up. So, I picked him up, sat him on my lap and said nothing. He was comfortable and snuggled in, all the while looking at his Mother. She only smiled. After a while he looked around and realized he did not know who was holding him. Wow, did he get down fast and run to his Mother. It all got a big laugh in the office.
Congrats on now being cataract-free! Maybe this means you'll never have to go to an eye doctor ever again???
Post a Comment
<< Home