CATARACT SURGERY AOK
Thursday's surgery went well. Kim came over for the weekend and drove, and stayed with me the whole time. I hadn't thought it necessary, but it turned out I was very happy that she did take me and keep me company. It made the whole ordeal a lot more pleasant. The only drawback now is that I must put eyedrops in 4 times a day for anti-viral for 10 days, and another type 8 times a day for (I don't know how long), and taper off with that one to once a week. I see Dr on Wed and I will ask him how long once a week will last. This is the only bad part..being caught up with the timer (on my favorite can opener) every 1.5 hours for these drops. I am getting better at putting them in, and therefore, I think that I'll be a better patient for the eye doctor when he does it in the office. Pat, it's a piece of cake. I'm going to call the office tomorrow (Monday) to try to schedule the other eye surgery for Dec 7, (turns out they don't do this surgery on Friday, so Kim is planning to take Thursday off from work if I can get Dec 7.) Don't know yet, but when I make the appt. and I have my Dr visit on Wed, I will let you all know if there is anything to report.

4 Comments:
I am so glad the eye surgery turned out to be a piece of cake. My sister had one eye done about 4 weeks ago and the other last Thursday, she said the same thing.
She is being fit for glasses for close up reading.
The doctor told me he could do the surgery just like I wear the contacts, one for distance and one for close up. Did they do that for you?
So glad you had Kim there with you. Kids are wonderful.
Gretchen had her lasik surgery done that way. She actually only had one eye done for seeing far and they left the other alone (she used to take off her glasses to read).
I am glad to know that they can still correct a cataract over the lasik. I wondered about that, maybe I will finally get it done too.
Yes, the different view for different eyes is the way to go. I don't know why your sister wasn't done that way? That's too bad that she still needs to wear glasses for reading. Perhaps there are some conditions that cannot tolerate each eye different? When you guys are ready for this, be sure to ask about each eye different.
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with your precious eyes! Lord knows we need those ("All the better to see you, my dear!").
I have been lucky not to need any glasses/contacts/etc. thus far. But time will catch up with me, I'm sure. My dad didn't need glasses until age 40, so I suspect that will be the same with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home