Sunday, January 07, 2007

Heeeeeeer's CHARLIE!!

How could anyone not love this face? I can see the Holidays have been busy for all of you. Me too. News Flash: Danny & Janna are expecting a baby probably September. I'm leaving my tree and all the trimmings up for another week. I don't think that I will ever be away from home as long as this Christmas/New Years again. So MUCH to do when you get home. Not the least of which was going through 12 days of mail! I'm expecting Berni & Lori just for a couple of days on Tuesday. Looking forward to that. Erika, Kim & John gave me a digital camera for Christmas. I'm getting used to using it, but I still need to get the hang of uploading the pictures from my camera to my computer. After taking just 12 pictures, it told me that my 'Internal Memory' was full. No surprise there, my internal memory has been in trouble for a long time. I did purchase a 1GB chip (on sale from $60 to $20 with raincheck.) Looks like it will probably be February before I get enough time AND patience to tackle attaching the camera to my computer and doing the uploading. Keep your blogs coming.

12 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger paulette said...

Adrienne wanted to know why Erika when in with Kim and John to get you a digital camera. Should there have been a different punctuation mark there to indicate that the comment was aimed for Erika? I don't know.

p.s. put me on the list of not loving that face.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

I used Erika to direct the comment to. I should have put a comma there. When you come here you won't need to look at him.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger marty said...

You did have a ','
should have been a ';'
Oh well,it serves Erika right. Her and her ambigous pronouns.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

Yes, Marty, you're right. I did have a comma there and not to over-correct you, but a ; is for taking 2 whole sentences together without putting a period, but using the ; instead. But anyway, I guess we're all screwed up. Charlie really looks better in person.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007, Blogger marty said...

I have also considered its usage as a stronger division than a comma, or a "super comma" to make meaning clear in a sentence where commas are already being used for other purposes. A common example of this use is to separate the items of a list when some of the items themselves contain commas.
I just love word and syntax things.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007, Blogger EZ Travel said...

Congrats on the camera. Your sentence looked fine to me. When you do hook it up, try to avoid using the pre-packaged programs. You should treat it just like any other disk. It is really just a glorified floppy that works in a camera and will show up as an E: or F: drive (mine is H:).

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

OK Erika, (watching my p's and q's), when I load the CD, and it gives me a new drive name, can I change the drive name to something else, or will it not be able to find itself?

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Charlie looks very cool; he's the coolest fish besides Nemo! See, I used the semicolon too!

By the way, you may want to turn on the word verification thing. It looks like you have a spammer on your comments...

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007, Blogger Marcel said...

Charlie is starting to smell, add a new blog.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

Sean, I don't know how to add the word verification thing, and also don't know how that works, inasmuch as it looks to me as if anyone can just enter the letters they see??

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

The word verification actually prevents spammers from leaving those kinds of messages on your blog. I asked the same thing at first, but apparently spammers use a device that spams many people at the same time. The word verification puts an end to that somehow... You should ask my uncle Tim for a better explanation, because I think he explained it to me.

To add it on there, go to the Settings tab, and then to the Comments tab. Towards the end it says "Show word verification for comments?" and you can use that on your posts.

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Oh, looks like you already applied that...hahaha Neeever minnnd...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home