Thursday, January 25, 2007

A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH !

Well, I’m finally back! My computer has been down for what seems a lifetime. Today I finally got the right person out here to replace the power supply. Got his name from Angie’s List. Fortunately, I saved the latest magazine because, of course, I couldn’t get the information from my computer because it was down. So, looks like I’m back in business. Regarding all of the tests that I had taken during this week, I had my appt. with the cardiologist yesterday to go over all of the results. He told me that all was just fine; not to worry about the abnormal EKG, it was not that bad, my vascular test and echocardiogram looked good enough, but as for the stress test, (on an upward slant, Adrienne), I did very well, but he said that my blood pressure was at 178 immediately following that test. He advised me to go for walks, and increase the distance every week to make my heart stronger. After he dismissed me, I stopped at the desk to see when I needed to come back and the girl said ‘He wrote return as needed’. I said ‘Do you mean as I NEED?’ Yes, was the answer. I said ALRIGHT! Good bye. Here’s one doctor that was not going to try to bleed you dry. I have been doing muscle strengthening in the past, but will add the walking whenever it stops raining.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, January 25, 2007, Blogger Sean M. said...

Hurray to your clean bill of health! Keep up the walking, and rejoice that you won't be in a doctor's office every week...

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

Well, at least not THAT doctor's office. I still have many others making appointments for me: my primary care physician very 3 months, my dentist every 3 months, my opthomologist for the eventual other cataract surgery, and a GI specialist once a year. I'm so happy to have my computer back to access MS Outlook so that I can keep track of evything on my calendar. Now that the rain has stopped (for now, anyway), it's dark and too cold to go walking. Whenever our perfect weather comes back, I will take the walking seriously.

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007, Blogger Marcel said...

Hay! I know for a fact that you have a treadmill and a recumbant bike at your Condo, rain is no excuse for not walking or exercising.

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

Yes Marcel, your right. But I must approach this gradually. I think that after the treadmill test (of course, I was using mine on a flat surface, and they tested on a rise), but when I told him that I have a treadmill at the exercise room in the condo, he said to just go outdoors and walk and just keep increasing the distance once a week. I don't think that he wanted me to take a chance on raising my blood pressure so high anymore, which is fine with me. I'll walk whenever God sees fit with the weather. Is that a good enough excuse?

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007, Blogger Tim B. said...

I see a lot of "mall walkers" which seems ideal since it is climate controlled. And you only have to brave the rain to get in from your car. Congrats on the bill of health.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007, Blogger Marcel said...

I guess I am going to have to come over there and get you started right. I have an extra heart rate monitor and we will find the correct zones for you.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

OK Marcel, bring it on. I'd enjoy having you here again. Just not between the dates of Mar 9 - Mar 18, the dates of my first Disney Cruise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home