Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NAME MY FISH CONTEST

I agree that a challenge does elicit more responses to blogs, here’s my challenge:
I have a blight on my kitchen wall where the telephone used to hang. I cannot remove it because it’s a phone plate covering lots of wires, so I had to cover the whole thing up. While shopping the other day I saw the perfect thing to hang there. It is a fish, copper color, perfect for my kitchen. It’s made of stone or cement or something, but the color is right and he is so cute. I don’t know anything about fish, so I cannot say what kind of fish this is, except that if he were alive he would be in a fish tank and not in lakes or oceans. His body is almost a circle, with scales all over, and bigger than any goldfish I’ve ever seen. He is facing sideways so that one eye is looking at me. There are no pets allowed in this condo, and I've missed that. So I’ve become attached to this cement fish and I want to give him a name. I’ve never named a fish before and I need some help. Any ideas out there?

19 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger Adrienne said...

how about a picture?

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger KathrynVH said...

Molly. Don't ask me why--I've just always wanted to name a pet Molly and since I hate pets, I don't expect to ever have the chance--it's all yours.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Sold! I like Molly too. Thanks for letting me have it. I cannot get a picture probably until after Christmas, because I just had a new roll of film put into my camera, and there's 27 pictures to take before I can get them developed. (Someday I'll invest in a digital.)

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger EZ Travel said...

A roll of film. How quaint.

I like Molly too.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Well I'm a quaint person.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad that you all like Molly for a fish, that is my sweet little granddaughter from Colleen. Her name is Molly Joy. Just as long as you don't use Joy, Monica, I guess it's alright.
Guess everyone does not know all of Marcel's and my grandchildren's names. Not to worry.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Pat, I'm so sorry if this hurt you. I thought about it, and decided that it's a very nice name, I did think of your Molly, and thought maybe using this name would take the edge off for you. I'm very sorry if I offended you. If you prefer, I will not use the name.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006, Blogger Marcel said...

I vote for "Patch."

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monica, don't be silly, this has not offended me. Molly is a cute name for a fish. I was only joking, and wondered how many people really knew all of our grandchildren's names. Be my guest, I could never get angry at you. Sorry, I made a fuss, if I did.

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

That's fine. I'm glad that you are not offended. I have decided to go with 'Charlie' (the tuna)

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006, Blogger Sean M. said...

Charlie or Molly sounds good to me. I couldn't think of anything for the life of me that would go along with a fish.

Well everyone does know at least one of Pat and Marcel's grandchildren... (-:

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

"Patch" for a "phone-y" fish! Cracked me up.

That eye staring at you from the wall...would that make it a walleye fish?

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Hey, Marcel used Patch because we had been emailing back and forth about my eye surgeries, and he was telling me that if I have my eyelids done, I would need to wear a patch over each eye for a period of time. The next thing I saw was his suggestion for naming the fish Patch. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006, Blogger Jessi said...

So he/she went from being a she to a he....from a Molly to a Charlie? What kind of complexes are you giving this fish?? Poor thing. *pets the fish*

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

That's the beauty of a fake fish. You can make any assumption that you like. And since I now like Charlie, she had a verbal sex change.

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006, Blogger musingwoman said...

What a fun contest! We featured it on our site competizione. We're a clearing house for contests hosted by bloggers. :-)

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006, Blogger John Beauregard said...

I like Walleye. It's funny and fits your description.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

What a great name!

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006, Blogger John Beauregard said...

I liked it when Tim suggested it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home