CATARACTS
I’m finally breaking away from my Orlando doctors. It’s been such a long haul to go to them from Treasure Island. I have a new dentist locally, whom I haven’t met yet, but I did a walk-thru at his office and I was pleasantly impressed. I’ve had 4 eye checkups with my new ophthalmologist, and we have set up a cataract surgery appt. for Thurs. Nov. 9, on the left eye (which is my reading eye; I had Lasik 3 years ago for reading). He wants to do that one first, in case he finds it tricky to get the correct cornea alteration inasmuch as it had been altered with Lasik. It’s scheduled for St. Petersburg General Hospital as outpatient, and he will do the surgery. If I get the right eye done later, (far-sighted eye), I will try to schedule it for Dec 8, because Kim can come that weekend to take me forth and back. (These local hospitals don’t have shuttle buses, except Palms of Pasadena Hospital, and Paulette and I know we don’t want to go there again.). I also have new GI and Internal Specialist doctors; their offices are at Palms, but I only go to their offices. If I ever need them for a hospital, I’ll tell them where to go.
(pun intended)

2 Comments:
I still get bills from Palms of Pasadena and I still throw them in the garbage.
I will be interested to know how the cataract surgery goes on the lasik corrected eye.
I will schedule cataract surgery in Feb.
Since I have been wearing one lense for distance, my doctor said he can do that same thing for me. My right eye for distance and left for close up. That way, I won't have to ever wear glasses. Yeh. Good Luck to you.
Post a Comment
<< Home