Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Catastrophe for Our Children in Schools

Reflections of a grade school child:
When I was of school age, I often had nightmares in my sleep. I cannot remember what they were about exactly, but I remember that I was always trying to run away from some danger. I took solace in transforming those nightmares into the dreams of being in school, with the nuns in front of the classroom governing everything that was going on where I felt safe. I would then relax and go into my deep sleep for the night. When I think of what is happening today in our schools I cannot help but wonder what in the world can bring peace and tranquility to our children of today with all that is going on in this world. Where will they get the peace and comfort in their dreams?

6 Comments:

At Friday, October 06, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

My son is in 6th grade and if you asked him if he is aware of the recent school shootings I am willing to bet that he isn't. But ask him what his high score on Nintendo is and he can rattle it off for each game. And I'll bet that is pretty normal for kids these days...more interested in being entertained than in knowing anything about the world around them.

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Yes, entertained is good and will help them to grow up normal. I hope that none of the children can know about this mess!

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

It doesn't make sense that our schools are not yet safe. Haven't they fired all the gay teachers?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Paulette, Are you serious or is this sarcasm? If this guy was gay, wouldn't he have lined up all the little boys instead of the girls? It's such a shame that kids cannot concentrate on the learning, but must have fear in the back of their minds.

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006, Blogger Marcel said...

Do you think the Ammish will do anything different to add protection to their schools? Do you think they should?

 
At Wednesday, October 11, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

I think that all schools, even the Ammish now must look at the security of their schools and take steps to improve. New York schools has the right idea, instead of cowtowing to orders, throw everything at (him/her), except I worry that students may inadvertently injure each other (flying staplers, etc.)
They need to practice staying out of the direction of the perpetrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home