How You Know You've Arrived at Getting Old
OK. Eye doctor appointment this morning (to keep up the warranty on my lasik eye surgery of 2003). Discovery-The beginnings of cataracts which was diagnosed about 3 years ago have now matured to the degree that there's stuff I have to have done about it. As the opthomologist stated, 'First, stop the degression', then surgically remove the cataracts and replace them with (I don't know what he called it). When I asked him "how long will those last?" the answer was, after you're dead for 150 years, and if they dig up your casket, they will find them intact. I guss that's long enough.

2 Comments:
I didn't know you had Lasic surgery and I did not know there were follow up visits. I thought once it was done it would last 120 years. Pat has cataracts and has told me that she must do something about them soon.
Marcel, Keep in mind that the Lasik surgery that I had done in 2003 in Orlando was to improve the vision in 1 eye to see close, thereby eliminating the glasses to read, and leave the other eye alone for distant vision. The warranty for this procedure was that as long as you had annual checkups, that if there was any problems, they would perform the Lasik again for ½ the price. I was told at the time, that the Lasik surgery would be good until and unless I developed cataracts, which they said at the time, that I was at the beginning stages. I made an appt. locally for my annual eye checkup so that they could fax the results to the Lasik Eye Institute in Orlando in order to keep the warranty. The cataracts are something else again, which the local eye doctor diagnosed and said that I was ready to take action on this. I think that Pat would be wise to consult a good eye specialist about this.
Post a Comment
<< Home