Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fireworks

All day, I've been looking forward to watching fireworks on the beach tonight, sitting in my living room and watching fireworks from St. Pete Beach. Then this afternoon about 4pm it started to thunder, the skies went a little dark, and it looked like we would get rained out with the fireworks. Checking the TV Guide, I saw where NBC will have fireworks at 9pm, and CBS will have them at 10pm, so I felt covered. Now, at 7pm, I see the birds have come back, flying around like they own the beach (which I'm sure they do), and having faith in their knowledge of their habitat, it looks like the clouds are clearing up and I may be able to watch live fireworks from my living room after all. In any event, I should see fireworks on one venue or another (if I don't fall asleep first).

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 05, 2007, Blogger paulette said...

I caught a few fireworks on NBC and some on PBS and for some reason I was not impressed. My favorite is always the Detroit/Windsor display which happened during my trip.

Maybe next year.

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007, Blogger Monica said...

I did see the beach fireworks, but not some of the better ones. The balcony wall between my place and next door was in the way (very frustating). Next year, I plan to take a chair down to the beach and watch from there. That way I shouldn't miss a thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home