A LESSON LEARNED BY ALL
This morning my condo had a members' meeting in order to select 2 cadidates from 4 that were running for the board. Most everyone did what I did, they selected 2 of the candidates of their choice. Well, it looks like a bunch of people got advice from the existing president of the board (who still has a couple of years to serve), and this advice spread to a CERTAIN group of the members. This is how it went: the 4 names were entered on a chalk board, and another person read the selections from the ballots to the guy with the chalk, and he recorded each vote with a 'line' for each name with a vote, and at 4 lines, the next vote for that person was a slash to denote 5 votes. Well, lo and behold, there were sooo many people who only voted for 1 person instead of 2, and therefore, their 2nd vote did not exist, which lead to the winners coming from the voters who voted for only 1 person, because those votes had no competition. My gripe is that the 2 who won with this method were the exact 2 for whom I (and many others) didn't want to see on the board. So, the lesson we learned from this is 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander', and next time we have a new board vote (2 years from now), most of us discussed that we will do the same thing, vote for only 1, rather than 2 of the 4 in the running, in an attempt to even out the vote count to 1 for each ballot. This seems the only way to counter this attempt at fraud. Can you tell I'm bitter?

10 Comments:
This makes sense to me only if one person, with two votes, voted twice for the same candidate. Is that what happened?
No, the ballot shows the names only once with a circle to place an X next to the name. If someone voted twice for the same candidate, they would call that ballot null and void. The only 1 vote people esentially gave that person 2 votes because there was not another person named to counter-balance.
I got it! When the majority chose to keep two people running the majority split their votes between those two people. However, the other group, "not soo popular", but unfortunately smarter at scams all voted for the same person making the unwanted candidate receive more votes because the others who liked the two didn't get enough votes for eihter of their choices because there were two names they were between! Yes???
Yes, exactly.
OK, I have it now. This is the same thing I am hoping for in this National election. Barack runs for the democrats, McCain for the GOP and Nader gets in and takes votes away from Barack. This way the GOP wins.
Yes, exactly. And I certainly hope that it works out this way also.
And I thought Florida was only corrupt because of hanging chads.
:-)
Leave it to the Floridians
Yes, we Floridians are just full of tricks and turns. Just wait until you see Hillary capture ALL of the Florida Democrats delegates' illegal votes!
Oh, by the way, the Republican in me voted for John McCain. So you can see why I'm bitter about Hillary stealing illegal Democratic votes in Florida!
Post a Comment
<< Home