Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another First In My Life-A Pedicure

There's not too many firsts left at my age, but this was a good one! That woman soaked, babied, and worked on my feet for 45 minutes. It all felt soooo gooood. She trimmed my toenails, then buffed them with a file (I have never used a nail file or buffer on my toenails). Soaking the other foot in nice warm water while she worked on the other. She had at leat 4 different procedures to do on each foot. Another of the procedures was buffing the bottom of my feet everywhere there was white, dead skin. Now the bottoms of my feet are as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom. The last thing was cream on my feet and calves, and foot masage all the way up to my calves. (I love her.) I made an appointment for 6 weeks from now, just before leaving for Longboat, and this time I will let her polish them.

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting that you want another after six weeks expire. I had a massage eleven years ago, it was a great feeling, every muscle was worked gently and deeply, each muscle was stroked the long way and any little lumps softly rubbed, the oil smelled nice and I almost fell asleep, it took one hour. I have never had another one.

 
At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Marcel, the point is this: you need to trim your toenails every so often, and I cannot do it anymore. I remember when I could bite my toenails, but those days have been over for a long time. Now I cannot get my foot close enough to my face to see what I'm doing. So I'll just let her do it. She said every 4-6 weeks is about normal and I can't wait for the next one. Are you not ready for another massage after 11 years?

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

The inventor in me wants to know...Is there such a thing as a "toenail clipper on a stick?"

Complete with magnifying glass or binoculars attachment...sold separately of course.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

You might be able to make some money on this one. But your target customers will need to be those who have never had a pedicure. I'm spoiled now.

 
At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

I've got one of those "get something off the shelf" on a stick and judging from my adeptness with that tool, I would never use anything sharp on the end of a long stick.

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the fellows at the Y surprised me when he said he always gets his toenails cut by a professional toenail cutter, just like a barber. what would you call such a person, a pederer? I had always assumed everybody cuts their own nails. What other personal services can be out there?

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Well, I've never done this, but I've heard that you can get a prsonal shopper from some of these hi-faluted stores to bring samples of whatever it is you want to buy directly to your home for you to make your selections. Interested?

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006, Blogger paulette said...

Do none of you know that Medicare will cover toenail cutting by a foot doctor three or four times a year?

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006, Blogger Monica said...

Marcel, you call them a pedicurist because they do pedicures.

Paulette, No, I didn't know they would cover that for just trimming your nails. In Orlando, after foot surgery, at the follow-up appointments, they would also trim the nails, but it was considered a medical procedure at that point. In my new place now, I'd much rather call the pedicurist just down the street when I'm ready for her than to locate a podiatrist, make an appointment and wait in a waiting room. One of the few luxuries of my life, now that I've discovered it.

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006, Blogger Tim B. said...

What other personal services?

Well, I don't think it's accepted here, but in India there are street people who professionally clean your ears for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home