Pleasant Memories
I sent, probably to most of you already, an email regarding 'Grandmother Stories', and prefaced it with a mother story of my own. Marcel wrote back that I should put this story in my blog. So if you've already read this story of mine, just disregard. Besides, I'm tired of that picture at the top of my last blog, so large, (I'll know to shrink it before I put another one out there next time).
When Krista was 6 years old, I brought her home from after-school care. In the kitchen she said to me “I swimmed all the way across the pool today.” I told her that’s great, but you don’t say swimmed, when you already did it, you say ‘swam’. She’s looking me directly in the eye like she was trying to understand, so I thought it might help her to know that there are different tenses in verbs, but I didn’t want to put it that way because she wouldn’t understand. So I said “swim, swam, had swum; sing sang had sung; ring, rang, had rung’.
She’s staring at me and said: “Do dessert, dessert, dessert”. I couldn’t stop laughing, and decided to leave it to the teachers when she was ready.

7 Comments:
My first memory of Krista is being at Ponderosa resort for the GOlden anniversary of Grandpa and Grandpa and wanting to give the baby a penny. Uncle Bob was very nice about telling me "no".
Yes. That reminds me of the dinner at the restaurant we all went to for the celebration (I can't remember the name of the restaurant), and we were in a buffet line with our trays and Linda and Jim had Krista in line with them, putting stuff on a tray for her and when they placed a glass of water on her tray she looked at me and smiled and said 'from glass' (She always had a plastic glass at home.)
Was the name of the restaurant "Pete Reynards"?
Don't know why that name has stuck with me.
I knew the restaurant name had to do with a fox, I would have said the name of it was something Vixon, but Pete Reynard's is right.
I like the story of Krista and the twins. When Kim was first pregnant Krista wanted to know if Debbie was going to have a baby too. Monica said no, that Debbie was too young. Then Krista wanted to know how old you had to be and Monica picked an arbitrary aga of 21.
Later, at a Mall Krista saw a woman pushing twin babies in a double stroller. She looked up at the lady and said "Wow, you must be 41 or 42."
Boy, you guys have great memories. There is no way I ever would have remembered the name of that restaurant. Good going!
I didn't know until now that the French word for "fox" is "renard."
Well, I didn't know that either until just now.
Post a Comment
<< Home