Wednesday, November 09, 2005

NOVEMBER 9, 2005

I think that I've found the 'Post' screen. I will attempt to add a new post from here. Don't know if it will work or not. Just for info in case it does actually post, I greatly enjoyed John's email to we 7 family. I didn't know he had it in him. It was fun to read. I don't know if he would object to putting it into a post or if he would be interested in setting up his own blog. Heaven help him if he asks me for help, tho.

8 Comments:

At Thursday, November 10, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Yeaaa, you got here. I have put all the emails into a series of posts that started last night. I can't immagine that John will object. If he does, lish.

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005, Blogger Adrienne said...

Lish! I said that at work the other day and of course no one had a clue and thought I was speaking in tongues!

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005, Blogger Melody Beth said...

what is Lish?

 
At Friday, November 11, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Lish is our corruption of a French word that means Lick. On the farms when dogs were whining and getting in the way they would say (in translation) "go lick yourself" so it got carried over to children who whined and pouted, my Mother would say "Lish toi". I used to think it was a very funny saying until I actually saw dogs doing it.

 
At Saturday, November 12, 2005, Blogger Gretchen said...

Wow mom, the explanation I got when I asked what Lish meant was "too bad for little people"

 
At Monday, November 14, 2005, Blogger EZ Travel said...

OMG, you used to tell us to go lick ourselves. You could be arrested for that now.

I also heard the "too bad for little people" line. Much more acceptable.

 
At Monday, November 14, 2005, Blogger paulette said...

Good grief, you'd think you people never wanted to grow up. Get over it, in other words Lish.

The "To bad for little people" is a whole other story about Krista. We need Monica to tell that one.

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005, Blogger Melody Beth said...

so thank you mom for never telling me to lish that i can remember!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home